Cafe O’Play Illness Policy
In order to keep our facility as clean and healthy as possible we ask all guests to follow this policy.
Please be mindful that illness spreads very quickly amongst children. We ask that if your child is not feeling well, you do not risk getting other children sick as well and come see us on a different day. Please do not come to Cafe O’Play if your child:
- Has been on antibiotics less than 48 hours.
- Has a Fever (100.4 or higher) AND sore throat, rash, vomiting, diarrhea, earache, irritability or confusion.
- Diarrhea (runny, watery or bloody stools).
- Vomiting (twice or more in 24 hours).
- Body rash with fever.
- Sore throat with fever and swollen glands.
- Severe coughing (child gets red or blue in the face and makes a high-pitched whoop after cough.)
- Eye discharge (thick mucus or pus draining from the eye, or pink eye).
- Yellowish skin or eyes.
- Skin rashes in general, especially those who are not vaccinated.
- Child is irritable, continuously crying, or requires more attention than you can provide without risking the health and safety of other children in the facility.
When coming into the Cafe we ask that all family members come to the cafe counter to check in. Our staff perform visual checks on all children who enter our facility and will ask parents about their child’s health if our staff see something that concerns them.
Children who are sick will be asked to join us when they are feeling better.
After check-in, everyone in your group is required to step over to our handwashing station and wash their hands before entering the play area.