We want Cafe O’Play to be a place of relaxed enjoyment, fun, and social connection! In light of this we know more fun and enjoyment will be had by all when our patrons follow our guidelines and policies.
Parents & Caregivers, please:
- BE PRESENT. Supervision of your own child is required at all times.
- BE AWARE. If your child is imposing on another’s positive play time, please step in to correct their behavior immediately.
- SPEAK UP. If your child is bearing the brunt of another child’s negative behavior, kindly let their parent know so resolution can be attained.
- SAY SOMETHING. If you see something that concerns you, please bring it to the attention of the manager on duty.
- NOTICE. If your child is causing physical harm to another child and behavior does not improve with engagement, for the well-being of everyone involved, we ask you to leave and return when behavior has improved.
- Slides go down! Climbing up or standing on the slide puts children and others at risk.
- Kindness is king! Children and adults will be kind, respectful, and conscious of the safety of all patrons. Rough play or bullying will not be tolerated. Those unable to comply will be asked to leave the premises.
- Fairness is fun! All children and adults will play according to posted rules for Gaga Ball games. Games created by children in our sports court will be fun when all agree and abide by the rules.
- Toys are for home. Safety is our highest priority, so no outside toys of any kind will be allowed in the playground area.
- Food is for the Cafe. It is best if food is eaten in the cafe and not taken into the playspace. Covered drinks for adults can be brought into the playspace.
Cafe O’Play Policies:
Parents may choose to remain in the cafe while their children are in the play area if their children are:
- Age 4 or older and able to climb independently.
- Content. Children who are not easily consoled must be taken out of the playground area by their parents or caregivers.
- Respectful. Children must follow the rules of the playground and respect staff reinforcement. Two unheeded warnings will result in a conversation with the parent and encouragement to take a break from play. Cafe O’Play reserves the right to deny access to children who choose not to comply by our guidelines.
Our Safety Rules:
- Empty your pockets in remove all jewelry including rings, necklaces and earrings before entering the playground.
- SLIDE FEET FIRST ONE PERSON AT A TIME in a crouching or sitting position, hold your knees close to your body and slide.
- SOCKS ONLY! No bare feet and no shoes! If you do not have socks on, ask the staff. Extra socks are available for sale at our counter in the event that a child or adult comes without some from home.
- This playground has been designed for children only and is not intended for adult use. As needed, adults may enter the playground to assist their children.
- THE TODDLER AREA IS FOR CHILDREN 3 YEARS OLD AND YOUNGER. THE LARGER PLAY STRUCTURE HAS BEEN DESIGNED FOR CHILDREN 10 YEARS OF AGE AND YOUNGER.
- Run carefully in the playground. Please watch for little ones and be respectful.
- No climbing on the outside of the structure.
- Mind your children. Parents are responsible for their children’s actions and behavior.
- No stopping IN the slides and no climbing UP the slides.
- If you cannot reach it, climb it, then don’t.
- No toys, gum, food or drink in the playground.
- No hooded sweaters or clothing with drawstrings that could get caught somewhere.
Outside food or drinks are to remain outside Cafe O’Play. We make every effort to accommodate the needs of all our gluten and allergen-free patrons. We will allow packaged baby food, water, and formula in cups from home for babies and toddlers.
Adults and children must strive to keep all patrons and staff healthy and well. Patrons should not enter the facility with a known, contagious illness and Cafe O’Play reserves the right to ask patrons who are sick to leave the premises if their illness poses a risk to other users of the facility. Patrons also accept the risk of general exposure to common viruses as a inherent possibility in a playground facility.
We appreciate your conscious effort to keep our facility clean and germ-free. Please use the available hand sanitizers before entering the play area. Thoroughly wash hands after eating and every restroom visit.
Diaper changes must take place ONLY in the the restrooms. It’s just better that way.
Adults must have a kid! All adults entering the play space must be there because of a child they are responsible for. Adults are also responsible to supervise their children at all times. Staff are there for general and group supervision, but parents must be present for full responsibility of each child.
Please remember to go home with all that belongs to you. Cafe O’Play will not be responsible for lost or stolen items. Lost and found items are collected nightly and placed in the lost and found box. Once a month items in this box are given to Goodwill.